Tuesday 2 October 2012

Cuisinart single serve brewing system

I have been wanting a Keurig coffee maker for quite some time now, but just couldn't let myself buy a new one when we had a perfectly good regular coffee maker already.  But they are sooo convenient...  At first I didn't know if I wanted Keurig or Tassimo, so I asked my friends on facebook.  Every single one of them said go for Keurig, do not get a Tassimo. (not sure their reasoning, but when the votes are 100% one way, you listen)  So I decided if we are going to get one, I wanted to get the best bang for my buck.  I read countless reviews, on countless machines...until I found this one.

I originally found this Cuisinart single serve brewing system (SS-700C) on the Tweed & Hickory web site, and everybody only had good things to say about it!  The comparable Keurig machine is the new B70, however, my concern with the Keurig machines is that I have heard that they frequently need replacing or have parts recalled.  Cuisinart is a well trusted name in kitchen appliances and I had more confidence in their product, plus it had more features and accessories.  For those of you debating a new machine here is some factual comparisons on the Keurig B70 and the Cuisinart SS-700C..


  • Choice of five cup sizes including iced beverage setting  - BOTH
  • Hot water button lets consumers enjoy instant coffee, soup, tea and hot cocoa  -CUISINART
  • Rinse control instantly cleans the inside of the brew chamber  - CUISINART
  • Extra large removable 80oz water reservoir  - CUISINART (Keurig is 72oz)
  • Auto on/off programming  - Both
  • Adjustable temperature control  - CUISINART
  • Blue backlit programmable LCD message centre  - BOTH
  •  Quiet brew technology  - BOTH
  • Removable drip tray  - BOTH
  • Chrome accents  - KEURIG
  • My K-Cup reusable coffee filter, which conveniently stores in the unit  - CUISINART (these are a $15 value)
  • Charcoal water filter  - CUISINART
  • Limited 3 year warranty  - CUISINART

No comments:

Post a Comment