Tuesday 25 September 2012

Home made Skor

Well I had one of my "I need chocolate" attacks this morning, and went to my old trusty recipe of home made skor.  My step mom gave me this recipe years ago, and I have had a love hate relationship with it since.



What you will need;

1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of butter
1 pack of salted crackers (aka saltines)
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup of walnuts (optional)




Pre heat oven to 325 F. Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Fill bottom of cookie sheet with salted crackers.




Heat butter and brown sugar until they are blended, do not bring to a boil.  Pour butter and sugar mixture onto salted crackers, spread mixture to cover all crackers.



Place in oven until mixture just begins to boil.  Remove from oven.  Sprinkle on chocolate chips and walnuts (had a craving for not only sweet and salty, but crunchy too..), put back in oven until chocolate gets soft.


Remove from oven.  Use spatula to smooth chocolate chips.  Let cool for 10 mins.  Place in freezer for a minimum 2 hours. Remove from freezer, break into pieces and store in a proper container. (if they happen to make it to the container that is...)






No comments:

Post a Comment