Monday 1 October 2012

Chocotzel cookies

Just found my go to chocolate chip cookie recipe and added an extra ingredient..  I've been on board with the sweet and salty phase that has taken over the baking world, so to add the salty to this sweet recipe I went with pretzel pieces.  I sure am happy with my decision.  I think the only way it could get better is if I replaced half of the chocolate chips with butterscotch chips, which I will definitely be trying next time.  Wonder what I will call those... Chopretscotch, Chobutzel..  Gonna have to work on the name..

For this recipe you will need;

3/4 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pretzel pieces (pretzels broken up)
1/2 cup chocolate chips




Cream butter and sugars.  Add vanilla and egg, blend mixture.  In a separate bowl combine; flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.  Add dry mix to wet ingredients.  Fold in pretzels and chocolate chips.  Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour.  Heat oven to 350 F and prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.  Make one inch round balls of cookie dough, place 1.5-2" apart and slightly flatten. (the cookies in this recipe do not widen in size, but they fluff upward)  Cook for 8-10 minutes.  These cookies are done before they brown on top.  Let cool, then try to keep little paws (and big paws) off of them!



For original chocolate chip recipe go here


No comments:

Post a Comment